Special Circumstances

Special Circumstances

Abused Spouse, Religious Worker, Temporary Protected Status, these are a few of the special circumstances that DC Metro Immigration Law PLLC represents.


DC Metro Immigration Law PLLC represents clients with special circumstances. Following are a few of the type of cases we have represented:

Abused Spouse (I-360)
If you are the victim of abuse by your U.S. citizen spouse, you may be eligible to file for permanent resident status in the U.S. We will review your circumstances and advise you of the requirements and if you are eligible for this benefit.

Religious Worker (I-360)
Religious workers, including priests, pastors, ministers, and certain other religious workers may file for permanent resident status in the U.S. if sponsored by a petitioning U.S. religious organization. Our office has represented many religious organizations and religious workers in this process.

Temporary Protected Status
Currently the following countries are designated for TPS:
– El Salvador
– Haiti
– Honduras
– Nicaragua
– Somalia
– Sudan
– South Sudan
– Syria

If you are a citizen of one of these countries, you may be eligible for temporary protected status (TPS) to remain in the U.S. with employment authorization.

To be eligible for TPS, you must:

1. Be a national of a country designated for TPS, or a person without nationality who last habitually resided in the designated country;

2. File during the open initial registration or re-registration period, or you meet the requirements for late initial filing during any extension of your country’s TPS designation (Late initial filers see ‘Filing Late’ section below)

3. Have been continuously physically present (CPP) in the United States since the effective date of the most recent designation date of your country

4. Have been continuously residing (CR) in the United States since the date specified for your country. (See your country’s TPS Web page to the left). The law allows an exception to the continuous physical presence and continuous residence requirements for brief, casual and innocent departures from the United States. When you apply or re-register for TPS, you must inform USCIS of all absences from the United States since the CPP and CR dates. USCIS will determine whether the exception applies in your case


DC Metro Immigration Law PLLC
Phone: (703) 828-5529
2300 9th Street S, Suite PH-2
Arlington, VA  22204